The pace of life that requires the society can become unbearable. Immersed in numerous commitments and responsibilities, is easy to lose the sight of the most important things. In fact, we spend most of our lives without being aware of the fact that, as time passes, we have less chance to rectify our mistakes, so it's essential to find a balance, here and now, to enable us to meet our needs and be more happy. This way we can look to the future with enthusiasm and move towards the same with the certainty that we will not have regrets.
The past doesn’t exist, the future is uncertain, we have only today
1. Neglecting friends. Time passes and we postpone all those things that are not urgent. As a result, we find ourselves trapped in an infinite number of unnecessary activities that don’t bring anything but become a black hole that absorbs all our time. Consequently, we get far away from friends so our social circle shrinks more and more. But it’s very important not to overlook the sincere and deep friendships, those friends from childhood and youth because one day, when we need it we will not look around just to find out that we’re alone.
2. Surrender in a couple's relationship. After the “falling in love” phase comes that of compromise and hard work, which is precisely when people tend to throw in the towel. In fact, almost everyone broke a relationship with someone important and, over time, asked him/herself what would have happened if hadn’t given up so soon. So, when you believe that a relationship is worth, do everything is possible before throwing in the towel and, more importantly, live it fully because in this way, if at some point you are forced to break the relationship, you will not have anything to berate to yourself.
3. Don’t control the stress. The pace of work and family problems can be suffocating. However, we always invent excuses to not pay attention to these early signs of stress and continue to live always at full speed. Sooner or later, the stress will present us the bill, because is a real incubator of diseases. So, because within the next 10 years you won’t repent of having stopped in time, it is important that you learn to organize yourself, don’t get overloaded of projects that you can not achieve, and that disconnect from time to time so that you can relax and recharge the batteries.
4. Don’t make decisions out of fear. Fear is the most paralyzing emotion that exist, but we can not allow it dominate our lives to the point of determining our decisions. If the fear of social rejection, of not being up, of the risk of being wrong, are the models to which we rely on to decide, we can be sure that within the next 10 years we’ll regret those decisions. Of course, this doesn’t mean we should jump out of a plane without a parachute, but we should be able to connect with our deeper “self” and find out exactly what we want to do with our lives, find those things that we love and venture to realize them.
5. Don’t say what we feel to the people we love. We believe that the people we love and value will always be at our side, but that’s not true. In fact, we share only a part of our lives with them and we do not know when our roads will separate. Therefore, is important to express our feelings, tell them how much we value and love them. These words are a balm for the soul, strengthen the relationship and thanks to them you can avoid the regret for not saying them when you had the chance. Get used to tell often: “I love you, I appreciate what you do for me, you're an important person for me ...”
6. Working too much. Working is important and can be a source of satisfaction when we love what we do. However, it should not become our reason of life, because there is much more to do and enjoy. In fact, having been working too hard, ignoring family and friends, and even themselves, is one of the biggest reasons people regret at the end of their life. Of course, this does not mean that you should give up your job, but make sure that this does not completely absorb your private life.
7. Following an unhealthy lifestyle. Being sedentary, sitting on the couch watching TV, eating the first thing that you have on hand, drinking alcohol regularly and without control and smoking, are all habits that end up presenting a large bill to our body and make us age prematurely. In fact, it is estimated that after the age of 30 begin to occur a series of changes in the body that can be irreversible, so this is the perfect time to start taking care of ourselves.
Finally, remember that life passes while you're making other plans. Don’t postpone to tomorrow what can make you happy today.
7 things you’re doing now that you will regret in 10 years
4/ 5Oleh Jennifer Delgado